Get Wedding Ready with janegee
It’s finally June, which means wedding season is officially here and beautiful brides are preparing for their big day all over the country. Whether you’re the bride, a bridesmaid, the groom, or a special guest wanting to look your best, janegee has you covered. Let us help you achieve that beautiful, soft, dewy glow that all brides aspire to have on their big day. Forget about covering up your skin with chemical laden cosmetics. They become unnecessary when you embrace the janegee philosophy of working with nature and getting your skin healthy!
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE THE BIG DAY
At janegee we offer a variety of holistic skincare services to help get your skin feeling it’s best. Come and see one of our lovely estheticians 4-6 months before your big day. They will evaluate your skin and develop a customized routine for you. Getting into a good skincare routine can have amazing effects on your skin.
At this time you will also want to start dry body brushing. This will not only give you smooth, glowing skin, but also help drain your lymphatic system and help reduce unwanted lumps and bumps. Layer on a janegee body oil or lotion to add extra moisture. Your skin will feel soft, smooth, and supple in no time at all!
3 MONTHS BEFORE THE BIG DAY
Now’s when you start paying attention to the details. How are your brows? Stop in and talk with one of our brow specialist. We will be able to help you figure out the best shape for your face and what’s going to look great in all of those pictures. We suggest you keep your brows looking as full and natural as possible. However, a little touch up or tinting won’t hurt.
1 MONTH BEFORE THE BIG DAY
Time to start bringing it all together. Get your eyelashes tinted. We recommend doing this a month before, and then again 1 week before the wedding so they look dark and fresh. We use a nice blue-black tint this will make your eyes look brighter. Your eyes will look bright and your lashes will look extra full.
This is also the time to start any hair treatments you might be interested in trying. We carry a wonderful line of products by OWay that offers a product for any concern you might have.
Time to think about your diet as well. The condition of your skin is determined by how healthy your gut is. Avoid salty foods and carbs to avoid any unwanted fluid retention.
To make sure your skin is in the best shape, start coming in for weekly for facials so we can see the progress your skin is making, and make adjustments if necessary.
1 WEEK BEFORE THE BIG DAY
It’s crunch time. Time to get those lashes re-tinted so they look big, dark, and beautiful. Do your last hair treatment and use a salt scrub on your body twice this week.
3 DAYS BEFORE THE BIG DAY
This is when you’d want to get any waxing done. The hair won’t have time to grow back before your wedding day, but it allows for any irritation to settle down.
2 DAYS BEFORE THE BIG DAY
Prep your hands and feet. Use one of our lotion candles to make your skin look and feel amazing, and get your nails prepped for polish!
1 DAY BEFORE THE BIG DAY
Time to come in for your mani-pedi. We have a wide selection of non-toxic colors to choose from, and we even offer a vegan gel-alternative polish that dries in 5 minutes and will last for a couple weeks.
Before bed, do one last mini facial using our Facial Kit. Make our fabulous Potato Eye Mask (recipe to follow) and apply to your eyes while you are enjoying your clay mask. Use this as a compress on your eyes to de-puff the skin and add a sparkle to your eyes.
janegee Potato Eye Mask
This eye mask is great for anyone with puffy eyes or dark circles. Potato has vitamins A & C, starch, and other enzymes that nourish and moisturize the eye area to help with discoloration. The coldness of the potato helps reduce puffiness and swelling under the eyes to minimize the dark discoloration or tired appearance.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small potato (Organic if possible), grated
- 2 pieces of paper towel
- Sandwich the grated potato between two pieces of paper towel. Swish together gently and place on your eyes. Relax for 15-30 minutes.
- Tip: chill the grated potato in the fridge for an even more refreshing eye mask.
THE BIG DAY
Prepare another Potato Eye Mask, grab your favorite essential oil inhaler or one of our aromatherapy candles, and head for the couch. Place your compress over your eyes. Take a deep breath of your inhaler, and relax. Take this quiet time to visualize your day going exactly as you planned.
janegee BRIDAL KIT
As fun and exciting as weddings are, we know there is a huge amount of stress involved. To help calm your nerves, we have put together a list of all of our favorite products for you to be able to pick and choose the perfect combination that’s right for you. All of these are designed to help your skin look and feel amazing, as well as calm your nerves.
Here are our some of our favorite products to get you, or your loved one, ready for their big day!
- Facial Kit - The janegee Facial Kit gives you the tools you need to manage your skin at home. This facial protocol is simple, fun, and easy to incorporate into your weekly schedule. The janegee Facial Kit will cleanse, purify, smooth, and tone your skin.
- Elixir - Our famous corrective serum helps hydrate dry skin and soften fine lines.
- Lavender Bath Salt - Sprinkle in your bath to totally relax and soothe and soften your skin.
- Lavender Body Lotion - Apply after bathing or throughout the day to aid in the relaxation of muscles, deeply hydrate, and moisturize dry skin.
- Lavender Body Oil - Apple after bathing or throughout the day for silky soft gleaming skin.
- Heros Chiropody Sponge - Wipe away any callus and leave your feet looking amazing and ready for the dance floor.
- Dry Body Brush - Stimulates circulation to eradicate cellulite and make your skin silky soft.
- Eye Oil - Gently roll under your eyes to depuff and smooth lines.
- Lavender Aromatherapy Inhaler - The smell of lavender keeps you calm and centered especially on your wedding day.
- Lavender Lotion Candle - Burn for a few minutes and then use the lotion on hands, feet, elbows or heels for ultra hydration and nail growth.
- Lavender Buttercreme - A wonderful treatment to deeply hydrate and restore skin overnight.
- Magnesium Flakes - Sprinkle in your bath to soothe and relax tired, achy, stressed bodies.
- Cuticle & Nail Scrub - A manicure in a jar. Gently scrub away dead skin and leave your hands and nails looking and feeling amazing and ready for polish.
Whether you’re the bride, a bridesmaid, the groom, or a special guest wanting to look your best, we can help you get ready for the big day. At janegee, we keep it natural and simple. A healthy skin is a beautiful skin.
Let’s become better together.