Sure, we all love a summer bronze to feel radiant, but we’re here to tell you that a tan is not necessary to have a glowing skin. The glow you’re looking for comes from good health and a good skincare routine. So, let’s get your skin healthy and the glow will take care of itself!
We are what we eat
As you’ve heard us say before, healthy skin begins in the gut. What we eat can greatly affect the condition of our skin and when it comes to skin health we’re talking good, clean, whole foods – the foods Mother Nature provides. Nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory and filled with anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Here are some ways to fuel your body to promote healthy, glowing skin:
- Sweet potatoes
- Red grapes
- Green tea
- Dark chocolate
- WATER! And lots of it
Yes, this list means you should aim to consume little to no processed foods and avoid/limit foods that cause inflammation (sugar, dairy, gluten, alcohol). We know those are tempting, but your body and skin will thank you for sticking with a diet packed with the nutrients to support healthy skin and a healthy gut.
Treat your skin with the love it deserves
- Cleanse it: First things first, daily cleansing is a must! No ifs, ands or buts about it! You can find our favorite cleansers here.
Moisturize it: Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Follow your cleansing or treatment (see below) with a good moisturizer.
- Side note, you may need a face oil. Face oils are not always necessary in the summer, but if you are struggling with a skin issue, a face oil should do the trick.
- Hydrate it: Carry a janegee hydrosol around with you and spritz throughout the day. Your skin will love you for it. It will hydrate and mineralize your skin for a perfect summer glow!
Balance it (if your skin needs it, of course): If you have acne, redness, inflammation or patchy skin, your pH could be off. A quick way to reestablish the pH is to wipe your face with an apple cider wash:
- Take a capful of organic apple cider vinegar and mix into a 8oz glass of water (this is the dilution ratio)
- Dip a cloth or cotton round into the vinegar mixture and gently wipe over your face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse off with a warm facecloth.
- Now you’re ready to cleanse and moisturize!
- Correct it: If your skin needs correcting, use the janegee Elixir for superior hydration and its ability to balance out your skin.
- Treat it: Perform a janegee mini facial once per week! This will make your skin shine. This step is importance to get the healthy skin you’re looking for. janegee clay will pull out heavy metals and chemicals from your skin. By adding water or a hydrosol, the clay becomes electrically charged; attracting “nasties” up to the clay and out of the skin and prevent premature aging and wrinkles!
- (DON’T) Scrub it: last, but certainly not least…never scrub your skin! You are setting yourself up for damaged irritated skin and premature aging. Read more here!
Here you are, armed with a list of ways to keep your skin glowing, with no tan required! Who’s feeling ready to take on the rest of summer with flawless, radiant skin? We sure are!