Lemon Delicious Pudding
This light, tangy, classic Australian dessert is to my family the ultimate dessert.
It creates a golden fluffy sponge with a creamy lemon sauce. Absolutely delicious, both sour and sweet. You can pair this with vanilla ice cream but I think the best way to serve it is with fresh pouring cream.
4 tablespoons of butter
1 ½ cups of castor sugar
3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons self-rising flour
1 ½ cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 1 liter (approximately 4 cup) oven-proof basin or serving dish.
- Zest and juice lemon
- In a food processor cream the butter with the lemon zest and sugar, then add the egg yolks.
- Add flour and milk alternately to make a smooth batter.
- Scrape the mixture from the sides of the processor bowl and blend in the lemon juice.
- Whisk egg whites until creamy and firm then fold gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the buttered basin in a baking dish and pour hot water to come halfway up the sides of the basin. Create a Bain Marie.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow cooling a little before serving.
I like it best served with pouring cream or vanilla ice cream.